February 20th at 7:30pm we’re meeting upstairs at Pale Eddies Pour House for a mix’n’mingle meetup! No WordPress experience necessary. Anyone is invited!
WordCamp Birmingham 2012 might be over but that doesn’t mean the learning, or excitement, has to end. If you missed hearing Tammy Hart talk about plugin development, or wished you had written down the freebie backup services Nathan Ingram mentioned, then fret no more and take advantage of this presentation slides roundup.
If you notice a session is missing, and you know where the slides are located, then let us know!
Track 1 – Beginner/User (Saturday)
- WordPress for Beginners
- 100 Plugins You Need In Your Life
- Oh My, So Many to Choose From… How to Pick a Theme
- Empowering NPO’s with WordPress
Track 2 – Intermediate (Saturday)
- WordPress Ecommerce: Not so scary anymore!
- Using Theme Frameworks for rapid development and sustainability
- How to Win Awards and Influence Readers in 439 Days and 668 Posts
- CSI: WordPress — Getting Into the Guts
Track 3 – Development (Saturday)
- Enqueues, Includes, and Defines, Oh my! The foundations of plugin and theme development
- Beyond the browser: Creating a restful webservice with WordPress to power an app or act as an API
- Fun with Integration: Using WordPress APIs to connect sites to everything else.
- Relate all the things!
Lightning Sessions (Saturday)
Beginner/User/Intermediate Sessions (Sunday)
- There’s A Plugin For That
- Stop creating content for the sake of creating content
- WorryProof WordPress: Backup Strategies for your Web Site
- Scan It: Incorporating QR Codes Into WordPress
Workshop 1 – Business (Sunday)
Workshop 2 – Development (Sunday)
43 hours and counting! If you are from Birmingham or arriving in Birmingham Friday night, you are invited to join us for delicious mexican food at Cantina Grill and beers at Birmingham’s newest brewery, Avondale Brewing!
2901 2nd Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35233
(the tacos are amazing)
201 41st Street South
Birmingham, AL 35222
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It’s like your own personal publishing platform.
MailChimp has sponsored WordCamp Birmingham the last two years! We run our mailing list from their incredible platform – like a breeze. Also, they’re Atlanta based so – in the south y’all! All more reason to love them! EEEEp!
WooThemes is an international bootstrapped business leading the WordPress frontier, a platform to build and transform standard WordPress-powered websites into slick, functional business tools. WooThemes offers stunning, innovative themes and plug-ins created by some of the world’s most talented designers and developers, the Woo Ninjas. With WooThemes and now WooCommerce, people and businesses can get professional WordPress sites launched quickly with the features, customizability and performance they need right out of the box.
You can find them at http://woothemes.com We love them! #getyouatheme!
Infomedia has been developing websites almost as long as there have been websites. With more than a thousand sites under their belt, they’ve created online business solutions for pretty much every industry you can imagine.
Today, Infomedia is utilizing the open source power of WordPress to build solutions for their clients. Every new project at Infomedia has a dedicated Graphic Designer, User Interface Developer, Programmer, and Project Lead.
And the process at Infomedia doesn’t end with site launch. Their Digital Strategy division works to enhance clients’ online brands with a variety of web marketing solutions.
The Samford School of the Arts gathers majors in aspects of art, graphic design, theatre, church music, music education, music theatre, instrumental music (band and orchestra), theory, music history, vocal/choral music, piano, pedagogy, organ and composition. Minors include art, theatre, music, dance, film and the arts. Find out more at http://arts.samford.edu
Supercharge WordPress with tools that help you to blog better and faster — all by activating a single plugin. Jetpack is a suite of great add-ons that are fully supported by the team behind WordPress.com.
- you can get better feedback on your site’s popularity with WordPress.com Stats
- never publish a typo again with After The Deadline
- readers will love the social features from Sharedaddy (including sharing posts on Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon and many others)
- Twitter Widget lets people know your latest 140-character thoughts
- and there’s lots more!
Find out more, and download Jetpack, at Jetpack.me